Charter Bank's Mission
The mission of Charter Bank is to be a responsive, customer friendly, profitable, and growing independent bank. Our staff is our most important asset and we are committed to treating each employee fairly, equally, and with dignity.
Our continuing success depends largely on the high degree of skill, professionalism, and efficiency of our employees. Everyone at Charter Bank plays an important role in our continuing success!
Together we ensure the future success and growth of Charter Bank!
Our employees enjoy a variety of benefits including:
- Medical Insurance with 4 different plan options, including Health Savings Account options
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Bank paid Life Insurance for employees and eligible dependents
- Bank paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance option
- Employee Wellness Program
- Good Health Employee Annual Recognition Award
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Charter Bank Logo Apparel
- Jeans Days for Charity
- Scholarship Program for Employee Dependents
Check Out Our Openings
Our open positions include:
Shift / Hours:
- Exempt, officer level position
- Typical schedule is Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
- Individual is responsible for administering all aspects of the BSA compliance program for the bank.
- Conduct reviews of customer accounts using BSA/AML monitoring software to analyze and investigate suspicious and unusual customer activity.
- Ensure 314(a) and (b) requests, Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs), and Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) are completed in an accurate, thorough, and timely manner.
- Perform an annual BSA/AML risk assessment.
- Serve as primary contact for coordinating BSA/AML exams with regulatory authorities and internal/external auditors.
- Provide annual reporting on the status of the bank’s BSA/AML program to the Board of Directors. Coordinate and/or provide annual BSA/AML training for Directors and all bank personnel.
- Directly supervise BSA Analyst position.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Business Management Related Field or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a financial institution or public accounting firm with three years of professional experience working in the BSA/AML area.
- Extensive knowledge of BSA/AML and related regulations and a thorough understanding of bank operations, risk assessment capabilities and analysis.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Desirable Experience & Skills:
- Proficiency with personal computers, using Windows and Microsoft Office applications, and an aptitude for learning specialty software programs, as necessary.
- Exhibit solid reading comprehension skills and maintain the ability to work independently and effectively use analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.