Charter Bank's Mission
The mission of Charter Bank is to be a responsive, customer friendly, profitable, and growing independent bank. Our staff is our most important asset and we are committed to treating each employee fairly, equally, and with dignity.
Our continuing success depends largely on the high degree of skill, professionalism, and efficiency of our employees. Everyone at Charter Bank plays an important role in our continuing success!
Together we ensure the future success and growth of Charter Bank!
Our employees enjoy a variety of benefits including:
- Medical Insurance with 4 different plan options, including Health Savings Account options
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Bank paid Life Insurance for employees and eligible dependents
- Bank paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance option
- Employee Wellness Program
- Good Health Employee Annual Recognition Award
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Charter Bank Logo Apparel
- Jeans Days for Charity
- Scholarship Program for Employee Dependents
Check Out Our Openings
Our open positions include:
- Hourly position
- Typical schedule is within regular bank hours
- Travel required to both Chanhassen & Chaska locations
- Responsible for all Teller Position Responsibilities.
- Supervise and schedule work activity of Teller staff, participate in interviewing/hiring new employees for Teller department
- Train new employees; administer and delegate on-going training of current Teller staff. T
- Train and Monitor employees regarding Haberfeld, other deposit initiatives, and cross selling techniques.
- Administer employee evaluations; provide any on-going positive or negative feedback
- Buy and sell Federal Reserve currency and coin & prepare currency and coin shipments to the Federal Reserve
Required Experience & Skills:
- Associate’s Degree in Business Management or related field or equivalent work experience. (5 years of Teller experience will be accepted as a reasonable substitute for the Associate’s degree.
- Minimum 3 years’ supervisory experience.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change.
- Must be willing to work overtime if necessary.
- Ability to work effectively as a team-member.
- Effectively supervises and coordinates teller department while promoting positive working relationships and teamwork.
- Is punctual, reliable, and dependable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient & comfortable working with computers and various software programs