COVID-19 Businesses Resouces
We understand that these are trying times, but we will be here to help in any way we can. Call or email your business banker today with questions.
There are some resources that we are learning about and you might be able to take advantage of. We will continue to keep this page up to date as we learn of any updates.
SBA (Small Business Administration) Loans. You can also call 1-800-659-2955 (TTY: 1-800-877-8339) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- City of Eau Claire
- DECI Eau Claire Resources for Businesses
- WEDC Navigating Through COVID-19 in Wisconsin and Programs and Resources
- Volume One - Pulling Together While Staying Apart
- Eau Claire Chamber Resources for Area Businesses and Community Members
- Chippewa Falls Chamber Business Resources
- Chippewa Valley Business Community COVID-19 Facebook Group
- SW Metro Chamber of Commerce Business Resource
- Minnesota Chamber of Commerce Business Toolkit
- Minnesota Employment and Economic Development - Information & Resources for Employers & Businesses
We have a variety of business loans available to meet the specific and unique needs of your business.
Our local decisions allow us to see more than just the numbers with your business, we take the time to see the whole picture to better understand you, your business, and your overall goals.
With our personalized service, we can help you with:
- Lines of Credit
- Commercial Real Estate
- Term Loans
- Short-term Working Capital
- Construction Loans
- Equipment Loans
- Business Credit Cards
Talk with one of our Business Bankers today to see how we can provide you with a customized loan that fits your business needs.
As a member of many state and local organizations, we keep a pulse on what’s happening in our communities. We understand how helping your business thrive also helps build stronger neighborhoods for the people we serve.
Effective May 11, 2018, all banks will be subject to new rules under the Bank Secrecy Act that will aid the government in the fight against crimes to evade financial measures designed to combat terrorism and other national security threats.
Each time a deposit account is opened or a new loan is established for a covered Legal Entity, we will be required to ask you for identifying information (name, address, date of birth, social security number), as well as identification documentation for:
- EACH individual that has 25% or more Beneficial Ownership in the Legal Entity; and,
- ONE individual that has Significant Managerial Control of the Legal Entity.
If you are opening an account on behalf of a Legal Entity, you will be required to provide appropriate documentation and to Certify that this information is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
Legal entities will need to identify and attest to all ultimate beneficial owner(s) that meet specific requirements as well as a controlling person (CEO, CFO, COO, Managing Member, General Partner, President, etc.)
- We are required to obtain this information for each individual whether or not they are already a customer of Charter Bank.
- The information we collect will only be used for managing your account and will not be shared or used for marketing purposes.
To make this process as efficient as possible, we suggest that you obtain the above information along with a copy of the current Driver’s License for EACH identified individual when you’re ready to open an account or apply for a loan. If your business will frequently be opening new accounts/loans, please keep this information current and available to present EACH time you come in to establish a new account.
If you are already a customer of the bank, we can use what we already have on file to help complete the necessary documentation for this new guidance. If we still need more info we will be sure to let you know.
As a reminder, this rule is in effect as of May 11, 2018 which means any accounts opened prior to May 11th will not be subject to these new requirements.
Please reach out to your Banker with any additional questions you might have.