Check out some tips and tricks for our mobile app!
You may be wondering why it is so important to now include the phrase “For Mobile Deposit Only at Charter Bank.” This is a small, but crucial change that was instituted by the Federal Reserve on July 1, 2018. It applies to all mobile deposits at all financial institutions. Without the inclusion of this new phrase, banks and credit unions can return the check with the notification that your “deposit was rejected due to restrictive endorsement.”
Although some checks may have a pre-printed box to indicate mobile deposit, checking this box does not complete the endorsement requirement. “For Mobile Deposit Only at Charter Bank” must be written legibly on the first two lines, then followed by your signature.
To help you remember to include this endorsement, our mobile app will display a reminder message to include this phrase.
This change is meant to protect banks from fraud, which can occur when a check is accidentally, or intentionally, presented at a bank after it was already deposited through a mobile app.
Another reason to include that endorsement, is that if that check is lost or stolen after you endorse it, your endorsement makes it hard, if not impossible, for someone to steal that money.
We get many customers asking us if you have to log out of the app to make sure all your information stays secure. The answer – No.
When you are done using the Charter Bank mobile app, you do not need to log out. Anytime you leave the app, or your phone’s display times-out, you will need to put in the 4-digit PIN you used for the app (or fingerprint or facial recognition) to gain access again. This acts as another password rather than typing in the whole password. This allows your information to stay safe in case someone else gets a hold of your phone.
If you do log out of the app, you’ll need your username, password to log in and then will create a 4-digit PIN to use with the app, and then you’ll have to accept the disclosures again. You’ll also receive a confirmation code via text (a token) that you’ll need to put in once you receive the one-time-use secure number.
- Easily transfer between accounts. Simply go to Make a Transfer and follow the steps. Click More Options to add a Memo or to set Recurring transfers. Note: You can only add a memo to immediate transfers.
- External Transfer - (transfer funds to or from another financial, right from Charter Bank.) Enroll an account, verify the micro deposits and then you can easily transfer between accounts. Hamburger Menu > Settings > Add Account > Make External Transfers > Enter Password > Enter account info and click Submit.
- Deposit a Check – Newly Improved! Easily deposit a check remotely. Simply Enroll the account you want to deposit it, and it will be approved within 2 business hours.
- Add their name, email address and phone number and a shared keyword. Other person gets an email to enter the shared keyword and where they want the funds deposited and then the transfer processes. After the first time, you can just select the amount and it’ll send.
- Go into your Checking Account
- Manage Cards
- Click on your name
- Temporarily stop your card from being used – great if you misplace your card for a short time
- Report the card lost or stolen
- Reorder your card
- Go to Accounts, then click on the account to see more information about. View transactions, make transfers and more!
- Documents – View Your Statements! Click on the month you want to view and your statement will download.
- Best Feature! – See how much interest you’ve accumulated! Once in Account Details, scroll to the very bottom, and you’ll see the monthly accrued and the Paid YTD.
- Get started by enrolling in Bill Pay via Online Banking. Go to Move Money, then Payments. Accept the iPay agreement.
- Then you can add payees via mobile or online banking.