Depositing a check is easy with mobile check deposit. Simply snap a photo of your check and with a few simple clicks the check will be automatically deposited into your account.
Here are a few tips to ensure deposit success:
- Use a dark background and good lighting
- Endorse the back of your check with your signature AND "For Mobile Deposit Only at Charter Bank"
- Ensure the check is made payable to you
- You can only deposit checks into accounts that you are associated with
Anxious to sign up? Just give us a call at 800-471-4510. After a few verification questions we will get you up and running.
Yes, for security reasons there are a few daily limits set. You can deposit up to 5 checks per day, or up to $3,000 per day. Per month you can deposit up to 10 checks or $7,500.
Also, please note that foreign or third party checks cannot be deposited electronically but we will be happy to accept them in person.
1. Select the Deposit icon in the Mobile Banking app
2. Select Deposit a Check
3. Follow steps to take a photo of the front and back of the check (be sure to endorse with "For Moblie Deposit Only at Charter Bank" before taking the photo).
4. Follow the on-screen prompts to finalize the deposit.
You will receive a confirmation message after you make the deposit.
Please note: you can only deposit one check at a time.
Successful deposits will receive an email confirmation message.
Unsuccessful deposits will show an error message in the app immediately. The message will let you know if the lighting is bad, endorsement is incorrect, etc. If for some reason the deposit is rejected, you will receive a call from someone at Charter Bank letting you know and helping to fix the situation.
Checks need to be deposited by 6:00pm on regular business days. If you make the deposit after 6:00pm, the amount will be credited to your account on the following business day. Please note that all checks deposited electronically will follow our regular check processing guidelines so the check may not be immediately available depending on the type of check you're depositing.
Once you have ensured a successful deposit you can destroy the check. We recommend just shredding it.