We’ve taken strong measures to ensure the security and safety of our online banking system, but securing access to your accounts requires teamwork. You can help to keep your assets and computer systems secure by creating and maintaining strong passwords. Using strong passwords that are difficult or impossible to be discovered, and keeping them private, can keep strangers out of your accounts!
Weak passwords are cracked within minutes giving cyber criminals access to online accounts. The more complex the password, the harder it is to crack. It’s imperative that you take ownership for creating and using strong passwords that act as a barrier between your private information and the thieves lurking about the Internet.
A strong password should:
- Be at least 8 characters in length
- Contain both upper and lowercase alphabetic characters, e.g. A-Z, a-z
- Have at least one numerical character, e.g. 0-9
- Have at least one special character, e.g. ~ ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) - _ + =
Examples of strong passwords:
- “Superman is super strong” modified to “Supermanis$uperStr0ng!”
- “Collect $200 when passing go” modified to “C$200wpG”
- “She loves you yeah, yeah, yeah!” modified to”sLuY3ah!”
By using strong passwords and keeping your computer free from malware, you can help us keep your online banking account safe and secure.